Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Birthday Gift


My younger sister's birthday is coming up soon & I've been wanting to make her a wine cork message board for a quite a while. I made my older sister one last year & began one for myself at the time. You can read about it {here} in case you missed that post.

Anyway, for all three cork boards, I used vintage frames found at a thrift shop back in Connecticut. I think I paid $6 for the set of 3. I took the glass & original backs out & replaced them with thin plywood. Then glued the corks down with Tacky glue.


Here is a close-up of the card I made for her


I also bought her the fleur de lis hangar
from Urban Upcycles
I think she's really going to like these.....hope she doesn't see this before I send them to her!


~*~* Don't forget to check out my Etsy shop for Christmas In July Sale on my baker's twine sets *~*~