Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Obsessions ~ Vintage Tool Boxes

I've been thinking a lot about things I'm obsessed with (or very well could become obsessed with). I thought I'd start a weekly feature and share these obsessions (or near obsessions) with you.

Recently, I came across a vintage green tackle/tool box that I thought would be perfect for my dad to display with his vintage fishing reels or antique carpentry tools. So, I ordered it and when it was delivered, the gears started turning in my head and I thought, "I'd like to have one to help organize and store things in my work room."

My dad's tool box that I ordered from IdaOhio on Etsy


That thought is all it took for me to begin hunting down another one.....only in brown since green is not my color. I searched on Etsy and found the perfect brown vintage toolbox, marked it as a favorite and admired it just thinking how nice it would be to have. Why didn't I purchase it right away? I don't know, but I guess someone else was admiring it too because it was sold when I went back for it. At that point I became determined to find another brown tool box.

I set out on a quest and came across one at TheLovelys on Etsy. I snatched it up right away and defeated all those brown toolbox hunters out there. I was excited to have finally found myself a brown tool box to display and organize in my work room, but I also had a feeling that this wouldn't be my last brown tool box to purchase.

My brown tool box I purchased from TheLovelys on Etsy

Last Friday I sat down at my computer and searched again for yet another brown toolbox. And guess what I found. A beautiful vintage metal file box at yesstreen on Etsy. I immediately made the purchase and am impatiently awaiting its arrival. Yes, impatiently.

Here is a borrowed picture of the box from the listing


I will keep looking for more of these brown boxes and once we move this summer and I begin to settle into a new work room, I'll share more pictures of my collection in use.

Looking for a vintage tool box for yourself? There are several on Etsy. Check out these shops or even do a search of your own under "Vintage":
kewpiesfarmhouse
lisabretrostyle2
modishvintage
VintageEtc


1 comment:

victoria kloch said...

funny, I too love old tool boxes!